Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Summer Vacation Hiatus

It's been two months since my summer vacation started. No, it's not because the internet connection in my house was poor, but I just don't have the mood to sit down alone typing things in my room when I can be with my mum, dad or my brother. At most, I will sit down in the living room playing Plant vs. Zombie 2 because my brother bugged me to play it the very first day he downloaded that game.

Actually, I still find it a little funny: no matter if it's a winter break or summer break, it's always been a summer break whenever I'm home.

I didn't travel around that much when I was home. I guess now I understand why my European friends were not as excited as I was to travel around Europe.

I spent about a week in Singapore catching up with most of my friends simply because there is almost no one around in Jakarta except for a few friends and my family. I'm not the type of person who would randomly go to malls for window shopping sessions, and sometimes being stuck in traffic jam for at least two hours make me prefer lazing around at home. I mean, vacation is also about relaxing, right? ;)

I did travel with my mom to Greece, Sicily and southern part of Italy for about 2 weeks using Indonesian tour agency, which I truly regretted signing up for and I will probably rant about it in the next few posts about that particular trip.

Summer vacation has almost ended and it's time for me to be back again in the land of the windmills. I'm somehow excited to be back again, but at the same time I am reluctant to let go of all the carefree comfort I've been experiencing in the last 2 months. Well, not exactly that carefree, but at least I don't have meetings till midnight in the living room.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)