Monday, January 20, 2014

365 Days of 2013

I was wondering if I should still try to write a post relating to new year's resolution since 19 days have passed and everyone is over it. Hardly anyone is probably thinking about resolutions anymore, but on the other hand, it never hurts to write one for myself.

To be honest, I don't really have any specific aims or goals to fulfill every year. You see, sometimes when you set an objective, you limit yourself to a certain scope. Being able to focus on one thing is great, but it increases the probability of missing something else you could have achieved. This way of learning probably doesn't suit everyone, but I think it works pretty well for me so far.

2013 was a really exciting year, covering 18 countries in total, mostly in Europe. I tasted a lot of local cuisines from different parts of the world, and my favorites being Adona kebab I had in Istanbul, Turkey, and duck confit from Paris, France (it's hard to hate French food, really). I watched my first Broadway musical and my first live football game in Old Trafford, Manchester, for a big match between Arsenal and Man United. I flew on a hot-air balloon ride in Capadocia, Turkey, and saw a gorgeous landscape that seemed to be shaped by aliens. Wait, since when did I go to Turkey? Ah, yes, the stories are not up on this blog yet!

It's a pity that I didn't manage to post many of my travel journals here because I didn't really have the time to upload and sit down to write them, but I'm going to try to catch up before I start new travels this year *crossing fingers*

Aside from travelling, what made me satisfied with last year was the fact that I could still produce a number of songs with VOCALOID, a voice synthesizing software that replaces human voices with computer-produced sound. Well, they obtained the voice samples from real humans, but the end users are dealing with a program. I almost lost faith in learning how to produce songs because someone I know in real life was just telling me how pointless this song-writing act is, and that I probably had reached the plateau of my learning curve when it comes to musical skills. That I'm not cut for it.

But then, I have to thank my subscribers, my listeners, and everyone who commented on my songs saying that they like my songs. I have to thank the judges for CLAS:H theme song competition last year for choosing my song as a favourite-song award winner. Although I don't know most of you out there who support me, I want to let you know that you mean so much to me because you keep me going. So, let me use this opportunity to say it again to you:

Thank you.

And my thanks goes also to everyone around me who keeps me going: my parents, my brother, my friends, both in real life and in the online world, and my colleagues. It's definitely full of ups and downs, team meetings till midnight, cooking and eating dinner together, watching movies, partying, travelling together, misunderstandings, life drama, getting pissed off over nothing and getting happy over nothing... I was almost never bored last year. And I hope this year will be equally exciting, but with more smiles filling in my and your days :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)