Friday, September 2, 2011

Bento (another comeback)

Yes! Another bento. Although I feel that this bento, compared to the ones I did when I was attending university, is much more plain and boring.


I bought the cute sauce container (on the right of the top compartment) quite a while ago but I didn't have the chance to use them. Yesterday I tried filling one of them with chili sauce (which has close consistency to tomato ketchup).

It took me one whole hour to do it.

Why? Because the chili sauce is thick and the pipette that I have doesn't have enough sucking power. The pipette is probably more suitable for sauces with consistency similar to soy sauce. Then I tried transferring the chili sauce into a plastic sandwich bag and cut a tiny hole at the corner small enough to fit into the sauce container's neck.

It didn't work well.

Then I thought of squeezing the sauce container before pumping in the sauce. Just like how a pipette works: release any air within the container so it can "suck in" the sauce.

And it worked.

The bento is nothing fancy... just potato salad with carrot and green peas, steamed broccoli, cherry tomato, rice with akajisho (dried beefsteak plant) and wrapped in soy wrapper colored with beta carotene, and fried chicken breast cuts.

Plus the cute panda toothpicks, of course.

I brought this bento to work and ate it in front of my coworkers, and I was a little embarrassed because it seemed like their eyes were fixated on my bento as I eat.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)