Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fettucini Craze

My mum doesn't like Western food in general, but she likes anything with fettucini. So do I.

Wegmans sells a huge variety of imported international goods, and I found this pasta brand that is really awesome: De Cecco. I thought Barilla was like the best pasta ever, but I guess not.


I tried the spaghetti. It's awesome too! The texture is just so... different. Really. I'm not the craziest pasta fan out there but I love this brand a lot.

I made fettucini alfredo with ham (read: SPAM), cayenne pepper and McCormick dried Italian seasoning (marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, sage, oregano and basil). It's a really good blend that is easy to use, even for seasoning spaghetti aglio-oglio (garlic and olive oil based). The alfredo is topped with roasted bell peppers (my recent new craze):



Fettucini is also good with tomato-based sauce. I used store-bought creamy vodka sauce and meatballs.


Delicious!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)