Friday, March 14, 2014

The Netherlands - Rotterdam Centraal Opening Day



My morning today was greeted by a lovely live performance of Bob Marley's song "Every Little Thing is Gonna Be Alright".


There was definitely something going on in Rotterdam Centraal Station. There were multiple live performances at the station, covering a wide range of music like pop, jazz and classical. The spirit-lifting mood began early in the morning. I came around 8 AM today, and it was already quite lively.




Activities were usual: during the rush hour, there was a stream of incoming and outgoing people going to school or work.


But still, it was very nice that people would stop to listen to the performances, even for just a couple minutes.

Today, the 13th of March, was the official opening day of the central station. The station had been going a series of renovations and sometimes I found it annoying to have some paths outside the station partially blocked due to construction works. Well, now it's finally done!


It seemed that the King also came to celebrate the opening of the station. Too bad I was at work. It seemed that there were a lot of people coming to celebrate.



On the way home from work, I had to stop by at the station again and there was an even bigger band performance starting at 6 PM.



And of course, the smaller performances closer to the train platforms still continued. This time, there was an opera performance, which I found very captivating. I stayed to listen to 3-4 songs they performed.






I left the station around 7, and the station was still pretty lively from simultaneous musical performances. It was a very joyful moment for me, especially after getting mentally exhausted from work.

Until I found out that the bike I parked behind the central station was stolen. Ah, bike thieves, thou art heartless bitches. I locked it against a pole with a chain, and also locked the wheels with an additional lock. And it was still gone :'(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)