Sunday, March 9, 2014

Happy International Women's Day!

I didn't know that today (the 8th of March) is the International Women's Day. There were posters about gender equality in career at the office entrance, but it just didn't strike my mind. So, to all women around the world, Happy International Women's Day!

How did I know about this special day?


A shop owner in Rotterdam gave me a beautiful stalk of pink rose. Well, one of his employees actually did not know about it until he came to work. He even mentioned that Valentine's Day was just less than a month ago. Now, guys have to prepare something for women... again! I'm not complaining, though; I'm on the receiving end ;)


How do I celebrate International Women's Day?
Not in a very glamorous way. I went out with my friend for a retail therapy at PRIMARK (also known as Penney's in Ireland and UK). We frequently visited Penney's when we were in Ireland and we've never been to PRIMARK. It's about 10 minutes away by train from Rotterdam Centraal, so it's not too bad for the both of us. My colleague warned me that it's always crowded in the weekends, and there's no lie in it. I don't think I'm gonna come back there on Saturday or Sunday. I could barely breathe there, and the queue for the fitting room was so long. It took me about half an hour just to get into the fitting room. Thankfully, the cashiers were somehow efficient. It didn't take us that long to wait on the queue.

And then... we went for a 'meat' therapy. Not very glamorous or lady-like, I know. But hey, we are supposed to celebrate gender equality, right? Who says women can't love grilled meats?


It was also very sunny and warm outside, so we decided to sit by the flower bed and dig in to indulgence. Which turned out to be cold and needed to be reheated, but we still ate our shares anyways.


There was no big celebration in Rotterdam (or maybe I missed it), but it was such a nice day today, and I feel so blessed. I hope everyone had a good Saturday, and again...


Happy International Women's Day! :)

1 comments:

  1. Every year International Women’s Day is held on 8 March, all around the world to celebrate the political, socioeconomic, and cultural achievements of women. We have compiled a list of ideas for women's day celebration virtually, to make your women's day office celebration memorable.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)