Friday, September 14, 2012

The Netherlands - Chocomel

I was told by a friend of mine that Chocomel is actually the best chocolate milk brand in the Netherlands. It's so famous that if you order a hot chocolate at restaurants you might actually be drinking a warmed up Chocomel.



And actually, they like to put a large serving of whipped cream on top. Yes, chocolate, milk, sugar, more sugar, and whip cream. Highly not recommended for the diabetics.



It is very creamy and smooth, and it actually reminds me of canned Milo. I can't say there is anything really special about Chocomel, although I have to admit that it is delicious (and sweet).

They recently came up with Dark Chocolate Chocomel, and I thought it was the most awesome idea ever. A person who doesn't really like things that are too sweet like me would probably enjoy it more, right?

Nope. It's really thick and it's really hard to swallow. Not to mention it is also very sweet as well. I had to dilute it with water or with half-fat milk. If I add water, I feel like drinking diluted dark chocolate. If I add milk, the balance in taste is somehow improved, but it doesn't help with the consistency.

I still love Chocomel, though :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)