Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ireland - Heinz Oxtail Soup

I like strolling around the supermarket looking at things that are interesting. They don't have to be a novel product; as long as they seem new to me, I'd take a look at them and even buy them just to know how it tastes like.
 
 

I don't know the exact origin of this style of oxtail soup but from the picture it's clearly different from Indonesian oxtail soup.


The ingredients are indeed very different, as the main ingredient of this soup seems to be tomato and not the oxtail itself. So it's more like tomato soup plus some oxtail meat inside. One can of this soup has a rather low calorie (166 kcal), low fat and also low sodium. I'm not particularly interested whether it's healthy or not, but I just want to try tasting it.


 
.....
 
I think it's clearly visible that there is veeeeeery tiny amount of meat in the soup. Well, what do you expect of a 166 kcal soup? There are little chunks of carrots, but not that many either.
 
The taste? Hmm.... there's this taste that is similar to fishy taste that I am not really fond of. Also, this soup doesn't taste beefy. I'm not really sure how to describe the flavour. The texture is okay, although I'm not a big fan of soups thickened by some sort of starch or other thickeners.
 
I don't think I'll buy this again, but I'm glad I tasted it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)