Monday, September 12, 2016

Singapore - Neko no Niwa (Cat Cafe) - Clarke Quay

My dear Latino friends (you know who you are) recommended me to adopt a pet for pet therapy, but I was not able to own one in my previous apartment in Switzerland as the management did not allow pets. The current landlady in Singapore loves cats and allows me to own a cat, but I'm not too sure if I can take care of it since I know I'll be flying back to my hometown rather frequently.

Thankfully, there are cat cafes in Singapore!


My first cat cafe visit in Singapore is at Neko no Niwa in Boat Quay (Clarke Quay is the nearest MRT station to reach this place). The cafe is slightly hidden amongst restaurants and bars along the river bank - it's on the second floor. Look for a cat signboard so you don't miss it!


The interior of Neko no Niwa is clean and well-kept - I didn't detect any foul smell when I was there. It was a cozy cat cafe with plenty of natural light - I think the cats enjoy the sun as well.


There are 13 cute cats to observe and play with, but you probably won't see all of them at the same time as they could be asleep or fed in another room. These cats are well-groomed and in general well-mannered - I don't really see them fight and they don't attack you for no reason.


Most people who came watched them, petted them, played with them or took a photo with them. I personally like taking selfies with these beautiful felines ;)


Some of them may look scary, but I think they just have what the urban dictionary defines as "resting bitch faces" (pardon the language) and they mean no harm to you. They will let you pet their heads - if you are lucky, their backs. From my experience, avoid stroking their backs if you're new to these cats.


By the way, if you see any cat wearing a gear (see below), it's because the cat is hyperactive. Apparently wearing this suit will make them less hyperactive.


I had a very pleasant experience at Neko no Niwa, and would recommend you to visit it if you prefer quieter, more peaceful cat cafe ^_^

Neko no Niwa
Address:
54A Boat Quay (Level 2)
Singapore 049843

Mon, Wed to Fri: 11am to 10pm (last entry at 9pm)
Sat, Sun & Public Holidays: 10am to 10pm (last entry at 9pm)
Closed on Tuesdays

Call 6536 5319 to make a reservation.

Pricing:

  • 1 hour: S$12
  • Next 1/2 hour: S$5
  • 3-Hour Special: S$24*
  • Whole Day Pass: S$32



*Students get a FREE Hot Chocolate with these long stay rates, please show your student pass.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)