Saturday, February 21, 2009

No "Loittering" Pact

I had a pact with my roommate. No browsing of random web pages, no facebook, no manga, no anime... basically, our laptops and the internet service must only be used for checking emails, doing school-related homework, and listening to music.

The pact lasted for 4 days.

Now that I think about it, it was a big torture to me. It just shows how much I have become overly dependent on my laptop to serve my daily needs - to keep me from getting bored, to be specific.

Everything's pretty much done in front of my laptop. With the Internet, I can almost do everything (other than eating, sleeping, exercising and some other activities).

It's scary to think that I can't live without a computer and the Internet now. Thanks to these, I don't watch the TV anymore. I don't listen to the radio. I don't read the newspaper anymore. Everything's available on my screen!

I'm amazed how I used to be very independent of computers back in early 1990s. I wasn't even allowed to touch the computer because I might break it without knowing.

Well, both my roommate and I managed to constrain ourselves from breaking the pact. Which saved the both of us from 50 sit ups and 15 push ups. LOL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)