Thursday, May 6, 2010

Penne penne penne...

I need to start reducing all the food ingredients in my apartment because I'll be moving to southern Illinois for internship this summer. Well, a box of pasta won't rot that easily, but I figure that I need to reduce as many meat products in the freezer as possible.

Penne tossed with sun dried tomato and ground beef, ricotta cheese, thyme, Italian parsley, and ground Parmesan cheese


Honestly, I don't think it looks THAT appetizing, but my friends said it looks really good. Hmm. I prefer the appearance just before I added the ricotta cheese.


Penne with Sweddish meatball and buffalo style chicken balls in creamy sauce

I cooked this for one of my club's potluck. Sadly, all the cream sauce somehow evaporated or absorbed by the penne, so the penne was kinda too soft and there was very little sauce when I served it to my friends :(

I haven't been eating anything creamy lately, so I decided to make my pasta creamy. It's actually really easy to make white sauce.

- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk

Heat the butter in the pan until it melts and mix well with flour before adding the milk slowly to avoid clump formation.

For thicker sauce, use a little bit more flour. I use 2% milk. It's definitely creamier than if I were to use skim milk. Use heavy cream if you want a really, really thick and creamy white sauce.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)