Monday, May 17, 2010

Skew skew skew!

It's graduation time again. Tons of my good friends left the college, and it makes me so sad. I'm especially sad that my foodies friends are gone :'( Now I have to find people who like to eat and cook.... >.<

The end of semester also means cleaning up my fridge. I still have quite a lot of meat in the fridge, so I have to start using them every day so I have nothing left in the fridge. I wouldn't want to eat meat that has been stored for 3 months in the freezer....

Sate babi (pork skewer) with mushroom, green onion and onion

I wanted to use ginger, but it turned out that the ginger germinated and grew, and I could see molds on it, too. So I threw it away :(

This is my original recipe. It's pretty good, but I'm sure you can modify it to suit your taste :)

Recipe:
- 1 piece pork loin, cubed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sweetened soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp white sesame seed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 bulb onion, cut into thin squares of 2cmx2cm
- 1 green onion, cut into 2cm rods
- 3 button mushrooms
- 1 T butter

Steps:
1) Marinate pork in sweetened soy sauce, light soy sauce, sesame seed, butter and garlic. Mix well and leave in fridge for 1 night.
2) Preheat oven to 350F.
3) While waiting for the oven to heat up, place marinated meat, onion, mushroom, and green onion in alternates (positioning doesnt matter - use your own creativity)
4) Melt 1 T butter and mix into the marinade sauce. Brush the meat with the marinade + butter sauce and put in oven for 5 minutes.
5) Brush the meat again with the marinade and butter sauce, and set the temperature of oven to BROIL mode. Leave for another 5 minutes.
6) Turn the skewer over and brush with marinade and butter sauce again. Leave for another 5 minutes.
7) Serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)