Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bread Bowl

It's getting colder and colder, so I guess it's almost time for soupy meals again.


Shrimp and scallop creamy tomato bisque on bread bowl

I got the bread from Panera. Or rather, I got it from one of my food science class because we were talking about bread and cheese production and my very nice professor brought us 4 different types of bread and 3 different types of cheese. We had quite a lot of leftover so I brought this one home.

But I left it too long inside a paper bag, so the bread has gone really dry!! Yes, the air outside is getting really dry too.

I found a can of Campbell soup in my kitchen cabinet, and decided to make shrimp and scallop bisque.

Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 shrimps, chopped
- 3 scallops, chopped
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice

- 1/2 can tomato bisque (Campbell's)
- a round bread with thick 'skin'

Steps:
1) Heat olive oil on saucepan. Add minced garlic and sautee until golden brown.
2) Add shrimp, scallop, black pepper and lemon juice and cook until shrimp and scallop is not transparent.
3) Add tomato bisque. Stir and heat for 10 minutes.
4) In the meantime, cut the top part of the bread so that it's wide enough to be a bowl. Scoop out the insides of the bowl using a spoon but be careful not to dig too deep and break the bottom part of the bread.
5) Pour soup into the bread bowl. Serve hot.

2 comments:

  1. oops gw tanya ttg resepnya sblm liat blog post lu. :D post bentonya jg dong, gw mau liat isinya!! xD

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)