Monday, October 4, 2010

Checkered Cookies

Hello again! I'm back to surface. As you probably have known (if you know me or you follow this blog), I don't like sweet stuffs. But I can't resist cuteness attacks, so I've decided to bake checkered cookies. I was actually inspired by my friend's photo. She made black and white cookies for Valentine's day.


Before baking

After baking


It wasn't that hard to do. Basically, it was the same as shortbread cookie recipe, but with altered flavor. I got the original recipe from here:


But I modified it slightly because I simply don't like cookies that are too sweet. So instead of 1 1/2 cups of sugar, I used only about 3/4 cups of sugar. I added 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract for the white one, and then about 2 teaspoons of matcha powder for the green one.

BUT!

I ran out of all-purpose flour, so I had to resort to self-rising flour. So the cookie is a little fluffy. But I guess that's okay; it's just that the cookie kinda became fat (LOL).

Anyways.

It's getting colder and colder. Everyone seems to hate the cold down here, but I prefer this than the hot, scorching sun.

I've started the "One Thank-You per Day" on Facebook, and I'm glad to hear that some of my friends thought this idea is very inspiring.

I don't go to bible studies, and I'm not as religious as probably most of the Christians down here. But what I want to do is to spread the love to the community - to spread the message that there is always something to be thankful about as you live every day. Life does not suck; at least for me, and that's what I want to believe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)