Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Revenge!!

I spent half my weekend (Saturday and Sunday) in my research lab. It was kinda stressful. On Sunday I went to lab at 1 and came back home at 7:30 pm. That was tough.

I was really hungry. I thought of dining outside. I didn't think I have enough energy to cook anymore. But as soon as I got home, I thought of cooking something fancy.

there we go, Indonesian nasi kuning.

Yellow rice


My dinner on Sunday


and my lunch on Monday

Pretty simple to make. 

Yellow Rice
Recipe:
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chicken powder
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 orange leaves

Steps:
1) Rince rice in water twice.
2) Fill the water line in the rice cooker to slightly below the line for 2 cups of rice.
3) Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
4) Turn on the rice cooker and wait until it cooks.
5) Serve hot.

Ayam goreng ketumbar (corriander fried chicken)
Recipe:
- 2 pieces chicken thigh, chopped into 2
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground corriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 teaspoon lime juice

Steps:
1) Marinate chicken with the rest of the ingredients for 1 day in the fridge.
2) Heat 2 cups of oil (enough to submerge the chicken) with medium-high heat (5 out of 9)
3) Carefully put marinated chicken into hot oil. Be careful of oil splashing out.
4) Cook for ~15 minutes
5) Drain and serve when hot.

WARNINGS: I never follow the recipe, so the above ingredient measurements are just estimates!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)