Saturday, May 26, 2012

In Japan - Free Tissue Paper

Who doesn't love free stuffs?



I had known about this free tissue paper 'culture' around Ikebukuro, and yet I was still surprised at how much free packs of tissue paper I received yesterday. A guy handed me 3 packs at one go.

Free packs of tissue paper? Friggin' awesome. It saved me a lot of money buying handkerchief-sized tissue paper. So far, I know no other country that does this aside from Japan. I had received free samples of goods like lotions but definitely not tissue paper.

These tissue packs act as mini pamphlets for advertisement. It makes a lot of sense people are more willing to accept these tissue packs than plain pamphlets/flyers because they can make use of these. I've seen so many people rejecting these free tissue papers and I began to wonder why, but if you think about it, they've lived in Japan probably for decades and if I could get 15 packs of these in less than 5 minutes, how many packs can you get in a year? Tons.

And some people probably prefer higher quality tissue papers.

But anyways, it's been very helpful. I don't read the ads at all just because I can't, but I have to thank these companies for adopting such advertising strategies xD

2 comments:

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)