Friday, May 11, 2012

In Japan - Namco Namja Town Ikebukuro

After visiting the beer museum somehow I mentioned about Ikebukuro Sunshine City's Ice Cream City and we ended up going there afterwards.

It's my second time there and the decoration didn't change much, so I didn't take lots of photos. I wasn't too familiar with the anime highlighted in Namco Namja town other than Natsume Yuujinchou, so I wasn't too excited this time. But anyways, I saw this cute snow bunny looking photo on the ice cream menu and I decided to buy it for 680 yen. A little expensive for an ice cream mochi perhaps, but it's worth the money. Why?


1. It's cute.
2. It's very delicious. The mochi skin is very thin and soft, and instead of hard ice cream, it's filled with soft ice cream so when you eat it everything seems to melt perfectly in your mouth. Mmm.
3. You get a postcard. Well, this snow bunny looking thing is from Hakuouki, so I get a Hakuouki postcard.
4. You can't get this somewhere else.

As I mentioned, I know nothing else but Natsume Yuujinchou. Well, good news: about 1/8 of Namja Town was filled with stuffs related to Natsume Yuujinchou. For example, an actual-size Nyanko-sensei in a shrine.


I almost forgot that this series below was also written by the creator of Natsume Yuujinchou. I've read the manga before but I didn't know that it was made into an anime.


And Hakuoki. Well, I don't know any of them but standing next to bishie-looking 2D actual scale figure as a souvenir didn't seem to bad! (considering I used to be an otaku)


There are also special purikura booths with anime themes. I really wanted to take the one for Natsume Yuujinchou but I was accompanied by 2 guys who obviously had no interest in neither purikura nor shoujo manga. And taking a picture in a purikura booth alone in the midst of the crowd would make you a sad weirdo.


More Hakuouji stuffs. Looks like they're "modernized" (or should I say "fancy-fied"?) version of Shinsengumi.


I couldn't really care less about Hakuouji stuffs. More importantly, Nyanko-sensei was EVERYWHERE <3





After that we decided to explore the Gyouza stadium. This mentai cheese gyouza looked really delicious on the picture but...


... they turned out to be just so-so.


As I expected, the gyouza stadium is a little overpriced. When I came last time they were featuring Bleach and Kuroshitsuji. And they had this Zanpakutou (the gigantic sword used in Bleach) shaped gyouza that is over 15 cm long. It was much more interesting. Well, thanks to this I was once more reminded not to buy anything from the Gyouza Stadium. Yup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)