Saturday, April 3, 2010

FF XIII Bento

Finally! It's an idea that has been running in my mind for quite some time, and finally I've been able to make it! I've been experiencing a "bento block" (it's my own term; similar to a "writer's block", but it just means that I have no idea what to create).

You see, I like to create things from scratch. Like... total scratch. I don't normally follow recipes, so what I create sometimes are haphazardous.

This time, I created something really really good :D

FF XIII bento

Lightning, Hope and Snow. And you know what? Snow looked weird here because I totally forgot that he has hairs! Hahaha oh well at least Lightning looks good and Hope (even though he now has a yellow hair) is not so bad.

My original idea was Lightning, Hope and Fang (my main team in FF XIII), but I figured that Fang would be a little hard to make, with her wavy hair.

I was having troubles creating silver hair. I don't want to totally depend on food coloring. I tried it with egg white, but it didn't work out. So I replaced it with cheddar cheese.

Well, the faces aren't the only ones I'm proud of. I created a new dish, and it's good!

Pan fried bacon-wrapped shrimps, fishballs, fish cake, cherry tomatoes, orzo pasta salad

I got the orzo pasta salad recipe from my friend, but I created the pan fried bacon-wrapped shrimps. Wait, that's just... normal, isn't it? That's because it's not dipped in the avocado lime dip :)

Avocado Lime dip

Basically it's just Avocado with fresh lime juice, salt and black pepper. That's about 1 avocado per 1 fresh lime. Seasonings is yours to determine. I don't like to make it too salty since the bacon is already salty. Make sure it's cold when you eat the bacon-wrapped shrimps. It adds some freshness into the oily, greasy, sinful yet yummy bacon-shrimp.

Itadakimasu!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)