Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Steam!

I really miss long chili pepper stuffed with minced pork seasoned in soy sauce, white peppers and sesame oil, and then steamed. Childhood favorite ♪



I'm not a big fan of my steamer. The holed base would suddenly fall down and then I have to pull the base from the bottom of the pot using strings because it's stuck at the bottom :(

I tried to make manju again (to test my perseverance). This time I used chestnut and red bean fillings. I can't believe I failed 4 times making the dough because I strictly followed the recipe. That's what you're supposed to do when you want to bake but NO! I used my instinct to measure how much flour I should put and my sense was right! This time it turned out in a pretty good shape, BUT...



THE BAKING SODA MAKES THE BREADING BITTER!!

I don't know what's wrong with my baking soda. It's a cheap Chinese brand baking soda. I'm throwing it away *cries*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)