Saturday, September 4, 2010

No time!!!

I don't know how many times I've said this this year but my schedule's been killing me. The credit hour limit in my university is 18; I'm taking 23. Not to mention that at least 3 of them are hard core materials. And then I'm also very involved in 2 clubs related to my major.

There is no lunch time at all. And when I got home, it's already dinner time. I had no more appetite - I just want to slam my body against my bed. Then do my assignments and projects.

This Friday my noon class was cancelled (yay!), so I had 3 hours (it should have been 4 hours but I had a meeting with the dean) of free time. I decided to make something rather simple.

Stuffed meatloaf rolled with turkey bacon

I only have a piece of bread left, so actually I think I didn't use enough bread to make the meat loaf. It kind of fell apart a little, but it somehow still maintains a pretty good shape.

It was pretty simple dish.

Ingredients:
- 0.5 lb ground beef
- 1 loaf bread
- 1/2 C red wine
- 1/4 C michiu
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 carrots, julienne
- bacon, about 5 slices (depends on the size of the pan)

Instructions:
1) preheat oven at 340F
2) boil 3 quail eggs (takes about 5 minutes)
3) lay several bacon slices on a rectangle/square-shaped pan to cover the bottom and sides of the pan, leaving both ends of the bacon slices hanging outside the pan
4) mix ground beef with red wine (I used petit lyrah), cooking michiu, black pepper and bread. A little bit of salt, if you like. Mix thoroughly with hand.
5) Fill in the pan with half of the ground beef mixture.
6) Lay de-shelled quail eggs and carrots on the ground beef.
7) Fill the pan with the rest of the ground beef mixture.
8) Fold the ends of the bacon inwards
9) Bake for 20-30 minutes

That was a good lunch after days of 'fasting'!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)