Friday, July 5, 2013

Norway - Flåmbana Panoramic Train

As I mentioned in my previous post about the fjord trips, we rode the famous panoramic train Flåmbana. To be honest, I'm not confident that I captured the best pictures of the Flåm train ride, but I tried my best haha.

 When I got on the train, the first thing that came across my mind was, "Should I sit on the left side, or on the right side?"



I rode the Flåmbana both from Flåm to Myrdal and from Myrdal to Flåm, so I can give you some tips on where to sit. From Flåm to Myrdal, most of the time the excellent sceneries were on the right hand side. From Myrdal to Flåm is basically the reverse, so I think you know what to do ;)

What are the things to look out for? Mountains/hills, valleys, streams, waterfalls, greeneries, lakes... They were all beautiful. I couldn't capture everything because I chose the wrong seat on the left hand side of the car, and the pictures I took were a little blurry because my camera settings were not correct.













If you have the chance, please try the experience of riding Flåmbana. And while on the train, don't let the tunnels distract you. A lot of good sceneries came right away after we exit the tunnels, and most people were unprepared to take pictures because taking pictures of the dark tunnel was definitely something not a lot of people would do ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)