Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Sweden - Lund Botanical Garden (Botaniska trädgården)

*Warning: heavily loaded with pictures.



Just to the east of Lund city centre is the Botanical Garden, run by Lund University. There is no entrance fee, I had not been there, and it was the last Friday I will spend in Sweden. Why not check it out? :)

The opening hours of the Botanical Garden is as follows:
15 May - 15 Sep: 6:00 AM - 9:30 PM
16 Sep - 14 May: 6:00 AM - 8:00 PM

And the greenhouses are open daily only from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM. I was there around 4, so I did not get the chance to explore the greenhouses.

Before spamming you with pictures of flowers and plants that are exotic to me, I'll show some interesting things you can find in the garden. I entered the garden from the west entrance.



From the west entrance, keep going towards the south of the garden. There is a collection of rocks from the province of Skåne.



And one of them is a meteor stone :D



If you walk further on, following the path of the trail, you'll see a path with various colourful flowers on the right and left of the path. It's a really nice path to take a stroll :)




And oh, don't get too close to the bee farm. See those red boxes in the picture below? If it's not clear enough on the photo, you can also see bees swarming around those boxes. 



And, as I explained before, there are greenhouses too.



Just next to the greenhouses are the garden cafe.




When the weather is nice, sitting down and taking a sip of coffee is great. Unfortunately for me, I came rather late and all the seats were occupied.

And lastly, you can have a picnic there!



And that's it! Enjoy the rest of the pictures :)











































































0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)