Monday, December 1, 2008

Baked Rice with Egg

Made something out of the blue again. Was actually inspired by the baked fish.



Well... I forgot to add the tomatoes. Hmph. I totally forgot of its existence in the bottom compartment of the fridge. Because of that, I feel that "something's missing". I used hams, slices of red peppers and sharp cheddar cheese. And a home made white sauce which has too much salt in it. You know, I don't really like the taste of the salt they frequently use here in the US (the brand is called Morton Salt). Yes, it's more fine, unlike the coarse granule salt I used in Indonesia or Singapore. Again, it feels like "something's missing". It's just a salt, but... I don't know, it just doesn't taste nice. Hmm :(

Anyway, I discovered that if you bake strong cheddar cheese, part of it will become watery. That can be a nice sauce for baked rice :)

And baked eggs taste weird. It's like eating a crisp of egg - the same feeling when I tried to cook fried eggs using microwave.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)