Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Netherlands - Soy Yogurt

Call me crazy but I love spending more time at groceries than at clothes shops, like most normal girls do. Part of it is because I love food and I love trying new things, and the other part is because I enjoy seeing what I learnt in class comes to life. It's a great feeling, I feel that I am not wasting my time.

Anyways, 2 days ago I went to Albert Heijn supermarket to grab some food and my friend recommended me this soy yogurt.


I wasn't too interested in soy yogurt, but I was kind of curious of the texture and the flavor. My friend said that this yogurt gives you a great aftertaste, so all the more the reason I should try it.


From nutrient label perspective, this yogurt sounds awesome. 50 kcal per 100 g (1/5 of the whole product), low sugar, low fat, no cholesterol, and 120 mg calcium? Looks pretty awesome to me!


When I opened it, the yogurt kind of curdled a little bit. You have to stir it a little bit to make it smooth, but it's not a big problem for me.

The thickness and creaminess of the soy yogurt resembled normal-fat cow milk yogurt, which is great. I think it's not as sour as a normal yogurt, too, so you don't really need a lot of sugar if you can't handle sourness. It has a really strong soy aftertaste, and as a soy milk lover, I really love this yogurt. It gives you a clean finish as well.

Maybe if they enhance this with prebiotic/probiotic or fiber, this product would be even more attractive.

Verdict: I will buy this again :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)