Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sheperd's Pie

It's not that I'm in love with potatoes. In fact out of the starchy foods available, potatoes is not in the top list. I bought some potatoes quite some time ago, and I figured that they'll go bad if I don't use them soon.

My first plan was to make a perkedel (Indonesian fried mashed potatoes?) with silk egg tofu in the middle, but the plan changed due to various reasons. To be honest, I'm not really good at frying. I just don't get frying. How much oil, how high the heat should be and all that.. And I find it weird that a lot of my friends think frying is the easiest cooking method :S

Anyways, I finally managed to make a Sheperd's Pie. The first time I made a Sheperd's Pie was during Hoem Econs back in secondary 2. That was... let's see, 7 years ago? And then since I was living in a dorm with no stoves, I couldn't practice cooking for my exam. So I asked my teacher if I could repeat a recipe that had been done in class, and what I could think of was Sheperd's Pie. I almost ran out of time, but I managed to get it in time. The most wonderful thing was that my teacher didn't even try my Sheperd's Pie and she gave me a 9 out of 10. Amazing, isn't it? And when I asked her, she simply said "I know it tastes good".

It DID taste good, though.

Now that I think about it again, it was actually pretty simple. But for a 13 year old me, making a Sheperd's Pie seemed so tough.

And now.. I made a simple version of the pie. I didn't glaze the potato with egg, so it didn't really brown much. But it's yummy~

Beef Sheperd's Pie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)