Sunday, March 3, 2013

France - Bienvenu!

Hello, I'm finally in Paris right now!

Our chapter in Ireland has officially ended, and for the rest of 2 months, fluent English is nowhere a plus point for me. I already had some difficulties at the airport - I don't understand what the immigration officer was saying, and I don't think he understands what I was saying either.

When we wanted to buy train tickets to go to our housing, we also had difficulties communicating with the lady officer at the counter.

When we checked in at our housing, the receptionist speaks no English. Basically, if my friend's friend who can speak French and translate it into English was not there, I think the whole check in process would take even longer than it already was.

I really have to start learning some basic French sentences. I was totally lost. But hey, if you made an effort to speak French, the French are actually nice to you. I bought a baguette from a bakery today, and I attempted to say "un baguette" (in a very poor pronunciation), but the man understood me and he just smiled and repeated after me to reconfirm my order.

Oh, by the way, I was surprised to see a black pudding again in Carrefour. I thought I had said my farewell to black pudding when I left Ireland haha.

Ok, time to go to bed. I'm super tired x___x

Bonne nuit!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)