Monday, March 28, 2011

Over with the presentation!

YEAHHHHH----!!

It's finally time to relax a little. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be, but I forgot to use the laser pointer. A nutritionist who attended my presentation came up to me and asked me more details about my project. She told me that my presentation was clear and even someone who is not familiar with the topic could understand my project, so that made me happy. And she actually thought I was a PhD student! I told her I'm an undergrad and she was like, "Wow, really?"

I don't think I'm at that level yet, but I'll gladly take that as a compliment! :)

Made a new friend from WSU. She's also one of the award finalists like me, and she's a cool microbiologist. We plan to go to Disneyland tomorrow! My professor told me that the American Chemical Society actually sells discounted tickets for Disneyland, so I'm gonna check it out tomorrow. Yay!

I have to finish my Ikebana midterm due on Wednesday >.<

Can't wait to get back to my apartment.. Before that, the result of this competition will be announced on Tuesday night. I think the nutritionist's praise worth more than anything. I'm not too confident I will win the competition because I think the other finalists did a great job and I actually enjoyed some of their research projects. I'm just glad I've been selected as a finalist, and I did my best. Whatever happens, happens and I'm proud of myself for giving it all today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but please comment responsibly :)